1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 7, 2019 11:37 AM by Rebecca Collier

Finding Passenger lists from England

Ernest Mills Newbie

Hello,

I am trying to get the passenger lists my Great Uncle, Joseph Griffiths who was born in Olneyville, RI in 1890.+/ and his fathers name was Joseph Griffiths and mother Elizabeth Colewood, with baby Hannah Jane. The parents moved to the USA from England but after the birth of Joseph went back to England. I really would like to get hold of a copy of the passenger list they took from England to the US and their return trip. They must have traveled to the US about 1886-1888. Not sure when going back to the UK.

I am having problems figuring out how to navigate to the right information on the web site. Can you guide me in?

Yours sincerely,

Ernie

• Re: Finding Passenger lists from England
          Rebecca Collier Pioneer

Dear Mr. Mills,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched ancestry.com and located a group of records called “All UK, Incoming Passenger Lists, 1878-1960” that may be helpful in determining when they returned to England. To narrow your search, you need to determine what port they sailed from and arrived to. Another group of records called “All U.S. and Canada, Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s” may be helpful to determined when they arrived in the United States.

There may be a fee for using their compiled lists. Or you may view these records online at one NARA's facilities for free via ALIC. For the nearest NARA location, please consult our web page at https://www.archives.gov/locations/.

We hope this information is useful. Best of luck with your family research!

1 of 1 people found this helpful