1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 1, 2019 1:25 PM by Rebecca Collier

    Seeking father-in-law's DD-214


      I would like a copy of my father-in-law's DD-214.  He was a WWII veteran of the US Army.  He was disabled due to loss of hearing.  His Army Service No. was 9648748.  He is deceased.

        • Re: Seeking father-in-law's DD-214
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Mr. Sharp,

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

          Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after October 1912 and prior to 1957 are in the custody of the National Archives at St. Louis (RL-SL). In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and email it to the National Archives at St. Louis (RL-SL) at stl.archives@nara.gov. These records are considered archival. As his son-in-law, you should be able to obtain.

          We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!

          2 people found this helpful