1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 19, 2019 1:21 PM by Rebecca Collier

    Requesting military record of USMC vet from 1955




      How can I, a non american citizen, request military record of a USMC veteran discharged in 1955? I´m doing research of the USMC veteran Tu'umamao Tuiolosega Jr. He founded a Martial Art called Limalama very popular in Mexico and I´m searching references for academical purposesHe served from 1947 to 1955 so his military record should be safeguarded by NARA. I don't know if I can request a Standard Form 180.


      Thanks in advance.

        • Re: Requesting military record of USMC vet from 1955
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Iram Gomez,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) and medical records of officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. Marine Corps who were separated from service after 1904 and prior to 1957 are considered archival. Theses OMPFs are located at the National Archives at St. Louis (RL-SL), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Please use a GSA SF 180 to request these records. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!