1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 19, 2019 9:07 AM by Rebecca Collier

Seeking list of my dad unit citations and awards

timothy coates Newbie

This is all new to me I am trying to get a list of all of my dad unit citations and awards not listed on the paper from the NPRC. My dad was in Korea and Vietnam. He earned a bronze star but it is not listed in his DD-214 because it was a mission going into Cambodia with just a side arm, no rank or dog tags. He was also a pow with the same type of mission. Any help would be grateful.

• Re: Seeking list of my dad unit citations and awards
          Rebecca Collier Pioneer

Dear Mr. Coates,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located 59 series regarding Cambodia in the Records of the United States Forces in Southeast Asia, 1950-1975 (Record Group 472). Information about the mission may be included in these records. For access to these series, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov.

Various data file listings of American prisoners of war are in the custody of the Electronic Records Division (RDE) and are available via AAD (Access to Archival Databases) on the National Archives website at: https://aad.archives.gov/aad/.  Click on "prisoners of war" under the "Genealogy/Personal History" category. A list of the databases will appear. Select the database pertaining to the war in which you are interested.

We hope this is helpful. Best of like with your family research!

1 of 1 people found this helpful