1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 13, 2019 1:46 PM by Rebecca Collier

Operation End Sweep

DEWARD Birdsong Newbie

I am trying to place my ship USS Reasoner DE-1063 off Vietnam coast. Can't find ship logs. Trying to get benefits from my bladder cancer. I need to prove I was there.

• Re: Operation End Sweep
          Rebecca Collier Pioneer

Dear Mr. Birdsong,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the Records of the Bureau of Naval Personnel (Record Group 24) and located deck logs of the USS Reasoner (DE-1063) from July 1971 to June 1975. For access to or copies of these records, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov.

A list of Navy Ships Associated with Service in Vietnam and Exposure to Herbicide Agents is located at https://www.va.gov/shiplist-agent-orange.pdf

You may wish to have a representative of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) submit on your behalf a request to the Joint Services Records Research Center (JSRRC), 9301 Chapek Road, Building 1458, Room NW5708, Fort Belvoir, VA 22060-5605. The JSRRC conducts searches regarding exposure to Agent Orange and/or to support disability claims relating to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

We hope this information is helpful.

2 of 2 people found this helpful