1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 15, 2019 1:53 PM by Rebecca Collier

WWII 450th Engineer Co. (Depot)

Phillip Randall Newbie

On my Fathers discharge papers it says that he was in the 450th Engineer Co. (Depot); but he told me that he worked on tanks.

His Name was Randall, Gaspard W

His Serial No. 34 020 461

His Grade. Sgt.

His M.O.S. Engineer Supply Tech 583

His Departure. 1 July 1942

His Destination. EAMETO

His Arrival 14 July 1942

is what he told me right?

How can I get or can I get, all of the places (Cities, Battles, ETC.) that he went to and was in? He passed away in 1983 and would not talk much about his experiences. I have been trying to find out all about his service for 20 Years.

• Re: WWII 450th Engineer Co. (Depot)
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

Dear Mr. Randall,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the World War II Operations Reports, 1940 - 1948 in the Records of the Adjutant General’s Office, 1905-1981 (Record Group 407) and located histories for 2 February 1942 to October 1944; after action reports for November 1944 to 31 July 1945 and December 1945; and a unit reports for 24-26 August 1945 of the 450th Engineer Depot Company. For access to and/or copies of these files, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov.

Morning reports for Army units for WWII are in the custody of the National Archives at St. Louis (RL-SL), MO. Please contact RL-SL for access to these records. The address is the National Archives in St. Louis, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002 and the email address is stl.archives@nara.gov.

RL-SL also has microfilm copies of most of the monthly rosters from 1912-43 and 1947-59 for Army units. Please be aware that rosters for units serving in World War II from 1944-46 were destroyed in accordance with Army disposition authorities.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research! 

1 of 1 people found this helpful