1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 29, 2019 10:25 AM by Legislative Archives

I am interested in the Moro Wars

Jose Martinez Newbie

I am interested in Congressional testimony by Military personnel regarding the Moro war

• Re: I am interested in the Moro Wars
          Legislative Archives Adventurer

Hi Jose,

Thank you for posting to the History Hub!

The easiest way to identify congressional testimony is to find access to the full version of ProQuest Congressional, which is a subscription database. ProQuest Congressional is available through the Law Library of Congress and may also be available through a local law or academic library.

If you can't find access to ProQuest, there are several sites, such as Hathi Trust, Google Books, and the Internet Archive, that often have freely available digitized transcripts of congressional hearings. And after some general searching, I found a variety of hearings that touch on the Moro.

For example, there are several hearings relating to pensions for those involved with Philippine hostilities in between 1902-1913 held in 1940, 1942, and 1948. There was a three part Senate hearing on affairs in the Philippines in 1902: Part One, Part Two, Part Three. And there are the publications of the United States Philippine Commission, including a hearing before the Secretary of War in 1905.

I'd also recommend doing additional searching through these websites. Otherwise do you have a more specific date for the testimony you're searching for? Or do you know the name of an individual who testified?

You can email us directly at legislative.archives@nara.gov if you have further questions.

Cheers!

Sarah

2 people found this helpful