1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 21, 2018 8:11 AM by Holly Rivet

    Looking to find records on my brother's 2 tours of Vietnam


      looking to find my brothers 2 tours of Vietnam military history/honors, i do not know how to start search , or have been able to locate his name in any records. Is their somewhere i can type his name in to locate his records?

        • Re: Looking to find records on my brother's 2 tours of Vietnam

          Hello Mr. Herrera,

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

          To get started, we would recommend requesting his Official Military Personnel File from the National Personnel Records Center at St. Louis.  Please submit a completed SF-180 to: National Personnel Records Center (Military Personnel Records) 1 Archives Dr. St. Louis, MO 63138-1002.  Please visit this web page for more information. 

          A next-of-kin of a late-veteran may request a record without submitting the request under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).  If he is still with us, you would be required to submit your request under FOIA by writing “FOIA” in the “Purpose” section.

          You may also search the National Archives Access to Archival Databases relating to the Vietnam War.  The search bar at the top of this page will allow you to search through all of the series at once by first and last name.  A record from this group of record series will give you some further demographic information that will help build a profile of his military service and provide you with further information to include on the SF-180.

          We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!



          Holly Rivet


          1 person found this helpful