1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 18, 2018 2:34 PM by Dorothy Alexander

Pearl Harbor Hearings

James Burnett Wayfarer

I am in need of specific exhibits listed in the List of Documents attached to the master file on the World War II Pearl Harbor Hearings.  Because of the number and anticipated length, I am curious as to whether these exist in digitized format and if not, the proper way to request.  I had 2012 correspondence with Eric van Slander referring me to the Center for Legislative Archives, but the project took back seat until recently.

• Re: Pearl Harbor Hearings
          Dorothy Alexander Newbie

Hi James,

The Center for Legislative Archives holds the records of the Joint Committee on the Investigation of the Pearl Harbor Attack; however, the exhibits were printed in parts 12 to 38 of the published transcripts. You can find public access on HathiTrust: https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/000596795

Congressional hearing transcripts can be located online or through subscription databases such as ProQuest Congressional. You can find access to ProQuest at most law and university libraries.

If you have any questions, I suggest contacting an archivist with the Center: legislative.archives@nara.gov

Hope this is helpful!

-Dorothy

2 of 2 people found this helpful