1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 18, 2018 7:30 AM by Holly Rivet

    DD214 and 201 File


      How do I get a copy of my father's DD214 and 201?  He served on Iwo Jima in 1945.

        • Re: DD214 and 201 File
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Hello Ms. Erickson,


          Thank you for posting your question to the History Hub!


          You may be able to request his Marine Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF) from the National Archives in St. Louis depending on when he was discharged from service.  These records are releasable to the public when the date of separation becomes 62 years from today’s date.


          These files will include enlistment information, training received, citations, record of movement throughout service, letters of correspondence, separation documents, and sometimes personnel photographs.  To access these records, contact the National Archives at St. Louis to make an inquiry or send a written request to National Archives and Records Administration National Archives at St. Louis ATTN: RL-SL PO Box 38757 St. Louis, MO 63138.


          We hope this information has been helpful!



          Holly Rivet

          2 people found this helpful