1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2018 12:48 PM by Rebecca Collier

    Locate a SSG John


      SSG John worked in the medical field, in or around the Saigon, Vietnam  area between 1968 and 1971 and was around 21 or 22 years of age.

        • Re: Locate a SSG John
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Mr. Schwartz,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The National Archives does not have the present addresses of former service personnel or their survivors on file.  The Federal agency most likely to have such addresses is the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The VA can forward a message from you to the veteran, providing the veteran has filed a claim with VA, and they have an address on record. To forward a message, please write your message and place it in an unsealed, stamped envelope. Also include a note to the VA explaining who it is you are trying to reach and add as much identifying information as you have. Place all of this in another envelope addressed to the nearest Veterans Affairs Regional Office (you can find the address at https://www.va.gov/directory/guide/home.asp). If the veteran is in their records, your message to the veteran will be sealed and the envelope addressed to the address they have on file for the veteran. Please note that the veteran may not have informed the VA of a change of address, so they cannot guarantee receipt of your message. If the veteran receives your note, it is then up to the veteran to contact you.


          We hope this information helps. Best of luck with your search!


          2 people found this helpful