1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2018 2:14 PM by Rebecca Collier

army air base puerto rico land purchases

sabbath vega Newbie

Does any one know where to find records of the lands purchases of punta borinquen Aguadilla Puerto rico known as Ramey Air base.

All I know is how much was the land purchased and what year and by whom, but does not have a specific detail as to who was the seller

and that's what I'm looking for. If anyone has any info please contact me at my email.

THanks!

svega8787@gmail.com

• Re: army air base puerto rico land purchases
          Rebecca Collier Navigator

Dear Sabbath Vega,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located two files pertaining to Ramey Air Base and disposal of property in the Records of the Federal Property Resources Service, 1944-1982 (Record Group 291). For access to these records, please contact the National Archives at Boston (RE-BO) via email at boston.archives@nara.gov.

There may be additional information about Ramey Air Base in the various real property and real estate files of the Records of Headquarters U.S. Air Force (Air Staff), 1934-2004 (Record Group 341). For a search of these files, please provide specific dates of interest to the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

2 of 2 people found this helpful