3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2018 9:28 AM by Rebecca Collier Branched from an earlier discussion.

    Records for 802nd Military Police Company

    Elliot Schneider Ranger

      Mrs. Collier,


      Thanks for helping, much appreciated. Say need our expertise do you happen to know anything regarding morning reports. I tried reaching out to NPRC for Morning Reports on the 802nd MP Company. They said that they did not find them. Do you know if this is possible the 802d MP unit was ORC non-organic no specific unit attached to, all it states is that the had an affiliation/ sponsors with the local Milwaukee Police Department which consisted 5 Off, 2 WO, and 48 EM I would think they would have. My next question is if they dont have any recorded reports or unit rosters would they have filled the morning reports / unit rosters to the next highest Command for example 5th Army.





      Elliot Schneider

        • Re: Records for 802nd Military Police Company
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Mr. Schneider,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We can understand your confusion about the lack of records for particular statewide units. Unfortunately, the Army does not require units in non-combat areas to file the same standard reports that the units in combat areas do. Therefore, it is not unusual for units that were stationed stateside for long periods of time to have few or no records that are considered permanent, especially records for reserve units. Only permanent records are accessioned into the National Archives.  


          We hope that this information is helpful.


          2 people found this helpful