1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 3, 2018 11:38 PM by Tamara Raetz

Trying to find someone...

Kavita Ramroop Newbie

Hi, I'm trying to find someone who would have lived in New York about 34 years ago, can you tell me how do i go about locating this person???

• Re: Trying to find someone...
          Tamara Raetz Newbie

Hi Kavita, if you live in New York, you can contact the NY Public Library to check the white pages of the telephone directories. Here is a link: http://archives.nypl.org/grd/22190#overview

Once you have several points of data on the person (where and when they lived), you can check for a death record or other vital records (FindaGrave.com, familysearch.org, or the county vital records office, if you know it); also check for relatives. If the person is still living, you could search for land records and property tax records (contact the county Clerk Recorder's office), enter his/her name through a newspaper archive website (membership may be required), check Facebook, search the familysearch.org site, join Ancestry.com, etc. Where you look depends on what you find. If you run into a brick wall, hire a genealogist (or a detective! same thing).

Good luck!

Tammy

2 of 2 people found this helpful