3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2018 1:44 PM by Rebecca Collier

Basic Training

Debra Swager Newbie

How can I locate Basic Training records for 1940-1941. I believe my father did his Basic and Medic Training at Fort Ord, California.

• Re: Basic Training
          Rebecca Collier Navigator

Dear Ms. Swager,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

Records about the individuals trained at a particular training site would not be kept with the records of the site but in the Military Personnel File of those trained. We searched the Records of Headquarters Army Ground Forces (Record Group 337) for records about training conducted at Fort Ord during 1940-1941 but were unable to locate any records.

We hope this information is helpful.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Debra Swager Newbie

Thank you for the reply. At that time it was Army Air Corp. Would you be able to locate anything through Air Force records?

Rebecca Collier Navigator

Dear Ms. Swager,

Thank you for posting your follow-up question on History Hub!

Fort Ord was an Army installation until it closed in 1994. Any records about the type of training conducted there would be in the Army records such as those in RG 337. During WWII, as you stated, the Army Air Corps was part of the Army. Again, if any records exist, they would be about the training courses and logistics at the Fort Ord. No information about the individual soldiers or corpsmen would be kept by the facility. Anything about the individual would have been part of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) indicating he was training and/or passed the course.

We hope this information is helpful.

1 of 1 people found this helpful