1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 10, 2018 9:53 AM by Holly Rivet

    If a person served in the US military?


      I am trying to determine if Michael Andrew Juris ever served in the military for

      reconstructing the family military history?

        • Re: If a person served in the US military?
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Hello Mr. Lavenberg,


          Thank you for contacting the History Hub!


          We recommend beginning your search with the National Archives Access to Archival Database to access a variety of databases regarding military personnel.  Also, please see the National Archives webpage for an introduction to researching military records.


          The National Archives at D.C. house pre-WWI Military Service Records.  You may request copies or visit to view the records yourself.


          If you are researching a veteran of a war from WWI to Desert Storm, you may be able to request his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) from the National Archives in St. Louis depending on when he was discharged from service.  These records are releasable to the public when the date of separation becomes 62 years from today’s date. Please submit a SF-180 to the address outlined on page three of the form.


          We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!


          Holly Rivet


          2 people found this helpful