1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 17, 2018 6:54 AM by Rebecca Collier

Agent Orange "Fair Use" Video

Aaron Willen Newbie

My name is A.J. and I’m a photographer/producer for WAGA-TV/FOX 5 Atlanta News, in Atlanta, Georgia.

I'm working on a report that deals with the use and subsequent effects of Agent Orange on our military during the Vietnam war. Specifically, our initial report will focus on the difficulty “Blue Water” sailors are encountering in getting treatment at the V.A.

What I need is video of Agent Orange being sprayed, produced, prepared, etc., during the Vietnam war. A bonus would be getting some video of Naval ships off the coast of Vietnam during the war. And, a double bonus would be video of the USS Joseph Strauss, in Vietnam, but any video of Strauss would be great.

Our initial report will be in the range of five minutes, so :60-:90 seconds of archival video will probably suffice.

I’d prefer to get my hands on some “fair use” video, but we are willing to credit any video we can get our hands on.

I’m having difficulty finding what I need, and I’m hoping you can help, or lead me in the right direction. I've already reached out to various government agencies, National Archives, etc. Awaiting responses.

Our first report is scheduled to air next week (8.21.2018), so I’m hoping to get this expedited asap.

Thoughts? Please email me @ aaron.willen@foxtv.com

• Re: Agent Orange "Fair Use" Video
          Rebecca Collier Navigator

Dear Mr. Willen,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub.

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located several videos in the custody of the National Archives at College Park - Motion Pictures (RDSM). Please check the description of these videos for any use restrictions. For more information, please contact RDSM via email at mopix@nara.gov.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

2 of 2 people found this helpful