1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 20, 2018 7:41 AM by Holly Rivet

Army Unit Rosters

Elliot Schneider Adventurer

Hello NARA,

Have had some discussions with othe organization and it seems like when I seem to get a little bit closer always another step backwards. I need help to determine and confirm where I would need to request Army Reserve Unit Roster from 1950-1960. Have found several scholarly sites including the Army Center of Military History, and the War College  both suggest according to the following below is where I need to write. Could you please help to confirm this is indeed the correct information.

Army Reserve Personnel Center

1 Archives Drive

St. Louis, MO 63138

Thanks,

Elliot Schneider

• Re: Army Unit Rosters
          Holly Rivet Adventurer

Dear Mr. Schneider,

Thank you for posting your request to History Hub!

The National Archives St. Louis holds the Morning Reports and Rosters (1947-1975), U.S. Army; Record Group 338, Records of the U. S. Army Commands.  Reserve unit rosters are not in our holdings. We do have Morning Reports for Reserve units that were called for Active Duty or Active Duty for Training (ADT).  We may also have some inactive Army Reserve unit Morning Reports from the early 1950’s, but the Army discontinued daily reports of Reserve units in April of 1953.

To make an inquiry, please contact the Archival Division Program by email or letter:

National Archives at St. Louis

ATTN: RL-SL

PO Box 38757

St. Louis, MO 63138

stl.archives@nara.gov

Researchers must specify the organizational unit and date. NARA staff can then use an index to locate the microfilm reel or paper report.  Upon request, we will provide digitized images on DVD of organizational records, each taken from a roll of microfilm created by the Army in the 1950s and 1960s.  The original paper documents no longer exist. The response time for future requests may be six or more months, depending upon our available resources and the total volume of requests received.

If you would like to personally view the rosters or morning reports, we will make them available, by appointment only, in our Archival Research Room located at the National Personnel Records Center, Archival Research Room, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138. For a small fee, you may print copies of the pages you want from the microfilm. To schedule an appointment, please contact the Archival Research Room in advance, by phone at (314) 801-0850 or by email at stlarr.archives@nara.gov.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research.

Holly Rivet

2 of 2 people found this helpful