2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2018 9:59 AM by Rebecca Collier

Field Hospitals Vietnam 1966

Kenneth Englert Newbie

On July 15,1966 I was wounded on operation Hastings and I am trying to find the hospital I was evacuated to. I was evacuated by chopper at night.

• Re: Field Hospitals Vietnam 1966
          Michael Tomko Scout

Not NARA. The Marine After Action Report of Operation Hastings 1966, describes the medical evacuation process

on Page 25.

After Action Link:

https://www.vietnam.ttu.edu/virtualarchive/items.php?item=1201062033

AAR Page 25

• Re: Field Hospitals Vietnam 1966
            Rebecca Collier Tracker

Dear Mr. Englert,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

Information about your injury and evacuation should be included in your individual medical file. Also, your unit’s muster roll should include that you were injured and/or evacuated and where you were treated. Specific patient information would not be included in the permanent records of the field hospital or aid station.

If you haven’t already requested a copy of your individual medical file, medical records of officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. Marine Corps who were separated from service after 1956 and prior to May 1994 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Please complete a GSA SF 180 to request these records or via eVetRecs.

We hope this information is helpful.

2 of 2 people found this helpful