6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2018 9:39 AM by Rebecca Collier

NARA II, Text Records, WW II

Dave Kerr Wayfarer

I have not been to College Park since 2012.

But I am tentatively planning a trip soon to NARA II.

Can you please tell me what is the maximum number of boxes

allowed on carts now in Text Records.

And has there been any change in the format requirements of NA Form 14001?

For example, when I last completed the form, I included:

RG 407, Stack Area 270, Row 50, Compartment 24-,

Record Identification

E427,   345-O.3   WW II Operations

Thanks,

Dave

• Re: NARA II, Text Records, WW II
          Research Services at the National Archives Tracker

Dear Mr. Kerr,

Thank you for contacting History Hub.  This in reply to your request regarding information on requesting records at our College Park Facility.

The maximum number of boxes allowed on carts now is 16.  The format requirement is for the pull slips is still the same.  Make sure you include your first/last name and researcher card number.  The information you have provided regarding the records will definitely need to be included. 

When you arrive at our College Park Facility, you should check in at the Research Registration Room.  If you have not been to the facility since 2012, you will need to update your information and receive a new researcher card.

The Research Rooms are now open from 8:45 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.  We are no longer open on Saturdays.

The pull times are the following: 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m.

Consultants are available from 8:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.  They will be able to assist you in filling out the pull slips using this information.

RG 407, Stack Area 270, Row 50, Compartment 24->

NM-3 427, WWII Operations Reports

File# 345-0.3

I hope this information will help as you plan your trip to our College Park facility.  Thank you again for contacting History Hub.

Alexis Hill

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: NARA II, Text Records, WW II
            Jason Atkinson Adventurer

I believe that the WWII Operations Reports now have a finding aid available that will allow you to pinpoint exactly which box number you need and where its exact location is.  I would recommend asking the reference archivists in the research room if this is in fact the case, and if so if they can make it available to you.  While those records can be pulled using just the numeric file designation and the starting location for the entire series, if you are able to provide more precise information that may speed things up a little bit.