2 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2018 11:04 AM by Alex Daverede

Hello, I'm trying to help a Veteran with his benefits.

Robert Zink Newbie

I need to find out where this flight landed.  The itinerary is:  SUU-CRK-2PU-3   (SUU=Travis AFB, CA - CRK= Philippines - 2PU-3=  ??? ) Any help

would be appreciated.

• Re: Hello, I'm trying to help a Veteran with his benefits.
          Rebecca Collier Tracker

Dear Mr. Zink,

Thank you for posting your request to History Hub!

We searched various records regarding the designation or acronym 2PU-3. The only information we located is that “PU” stands for “authorized or directed air travel of military personnel in PCS (Permanent Change of Station) status, not accompanied by family members.” We could not determine what the numbers stand for.

The form indicated, DD Form 1482, is a Military Air Transport Service (MATS) travel authorization form.

We hope that this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • Re: Hello, I'm trying to help a Veteran with his benefits.
            Alex Daverede Adventurer

In the lower right hand corner of the enclosed form, there is a copy addressee that 's not too distinct, but it seems to be an Air Force Military Airlift Command (MAC) receiving unit located at APO SF 96304.  The copy addressee would probably be the location to which this individual was ordered (at least initially).  There is a website that lists Vietnam-era APOs here: http://1stmob.com/APO_Location_1.html .  APO SF 96304 appears to be Ubon Royal Thai Air Force Base, which was a major deployment location for the Air Force during the Vietnam War era.

1 of 1 people found this helpful