1 Reply Latest reply on May 11, 2018 10:10 AM by Textual Reference Branch, Archives II

Passport application affidavit search

Micah Boyd Newbie

I have been researching my great grandfather on my mothers side and his two siblings. They were born in the US to Polish migrants but moved to Poland at a young age. They lived in Poland with their grandparents until they returned to the US as adults. I know this because I managed to find their US passport applications they submitted to the US consulate in Warsaw. The applications state that affidavits were made for each one, however in the sources I found these documents these where not included.

I would like to learn more of their situation in Poland during this time, so I would like to get a hold of these affidavits if they exist. I was wondering if someone could help me locate these records of knew where I could look to find them. I found the passport applications on familysearch and ancestry, so below I am citing them in their respective formats.

Thanks for your help.

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA); Washington D.C.; Volume #: Volume 007: Poland

Ancestry.com. U.S. Passport Applications, 1795-1925 [database on-line].

Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2007.

Original Data: Selected Passports. National Archives, Washington, D.C.

"United States Passport Applications, 1795-1925," database with images,

FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QV5Y-NW3H : 16 March 2018),

Jan Zwirecki Or Zwivecki, 1923; citing Passport Application, Poland,

source certificate #327076, Passport Applications, January 2, 1906 - March 31, 1925,

2339, NARA microfilm publications M1490 and M1372

(Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).

• Re: Passport application affidavit search
          Textual Reference Branch, Archives II Adventurer

Dear Mr. Boyd:

This is in response to your recent inquiry regarding Passport Applications.

We conducted a search for the names mention in your request.  We were able to locate the passport application in Record Group 59: Records of the Department of State.  There are no other documents attached to the application.  The documents in question are the birth certificate, baptismal record, and ID.  The State Department requested identification such as those mention for proof of who is applying for the passport, once received and the application is processed, the documents were mailed back to the individual.

If you would like to have the passport application photocopied, you would need to hire a researcher.  Please visit this link; https://www.archives.gov/research/hire-help for more information.

We hope this information is helpful.

18-37429

1 of 1 people found this helpful