1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 30, 2018 7:11 AM by Research Services at the National Archives

    Re: MDR

    Elliot Schneider Guide

      Hello NARA,


      If there are records that are still held within the FRC, and still in the legal custody of the Customer (Army). Who do you contact to get approval to gain access to those records, and if so because they still belong to the Army and have not been accessioned yet do they need to go through a Mandatory Declassification Review, or redaction before they can be released. Please offer any insight into this please.





      Elliot Schneider

        • Re: MDR
          Research Services at the National Archives Tracker

          Dear Mr. Schneider,


          Thank you for posting your request to History Hub!


          When the records you seek are in the custody of the Army and housed at an FRC, you need to obtain permission to review these records from the Army Records Officer. For permission and the exact location of these files, please contact Anthony Crawley-Gibson, Army Records Officer, Army Records Management Division, 7701 Telegraph Road, Alexandria, VA 22315. The telephone number is 703-428-6464 and email is anthony.d.crawley-gibson.civ@mail.mil. Please request the name of the facility, transfer numbers, and box numbers.


          We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!


          4 people found this helpful