1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 23, 2018 8:51 AM by Jenette Parish

    are copies of Naturalization Certificates available?


      My father was naturalized in Miami, and the petition certificate No is 8490509 in 1963. Can I get a copy of this certificate?

        • Re: are copies of Naturalization Certificates available?
          Jenette Parish Adventurer

          Hello Ms. Hansen,


          Thank you for contacting the History Hub about naturalization records. You may review our website for more information about the naturalization process.


          Naturalizations are federal court records, you will need to contact the National Archives in Atlanta to see if those records have transferred to the National Archives or reside with the state. They will be able to direct you to the location of the records. If this is not successful for some reason, you will need to contact the USCIS to request the original naturalization paperwork processed. See below the links and addresses for the institutions.


          Naturalization court records can be ordered from the National Archives online, click here. Or, you may visit the archives in Atlanta where Florida court records are held.


          The National Archives at Atlanta 

          5780 Jonesboro Road

          Morrow, Georgia 30260

          (770) 968-2100

          E-mail: atlanta.archives@nara.gov



          Another resource that may be helpful is the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Agency. They will conduct research at cost. You may use this link to learn more about their record search process https://www.uscis.gov/genealogy.


          I hope this information was helpful. Best of luck with your research!


          2 people found this helpful