2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2018 10:46 AM by Jenette Parish

    1908 Enlistment records


      On Ancestry I found a U.S. Army, Register of Enlistments, 1798-1914.  (Original data: Register of Enlistments in the U.S. Army, 1798-1914; (National Archives Microfilm Publication M233; Records of the Adjutant General, RG 94).  The Ancestry record was a ledger-style sheet with details on dozens of men.  Is it possible to get the original enlistment papers for someone who enlisted in 1908?  Where can I obtain them?

        • Re: 1908 Enlistment records
          Elliot Schneider Guide

          Hello Mrs. Roddy,


          Older military personnel records (generally prior to 1917) are on file at: 

          Textual Archives Services Division
                    Washington, DC 20408


          Please download the for NATF 86, it is available online however you can always contact NARA and ask too.




          Elliot Schneider

          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: 1908 Enlistment records
            Jenette Parish Adventurer

            Hello Ms. Roddy,

            Yes, you can print the NATF-86 form or order military service records online. You may request all related records of the soldier in comments section. However, if you would like to visit the National Archives in Washington D.C. you can review and copy the same records in person. Photos of records without flash are permitted for free.

            As a note, that the M233 microfilm is a register that lets you know that records may exist. RG94 in Washington D.C. is the location of the original US Army records 1798-1912.

            I hope this information is useful. Best of luck with your research.

            Jenny Parish

            2 people found this helpful