3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2018 6:33 AM by Elliot Schneider

RG 338 -- Fifth Army GOs

Elliot Schneider Adventurer

Hello NARA,

I would like to order the contents of this records group, how do I go about ordering the information within this file below

Record Group 338:

Records of U.S. Army Operational, Tactical, and Support Organizations (World War II and Thereafter), 1917 - 1999

Series:
      General Orders and Mobilization Planning Files, 1953 - 1959, NAID # 27500115, UD-UP 12

Thanks,

Elliot Schneider

• Re: RG 338
          Marie Daniely Newbie

Hello Elliot,

Did you submit this request to the National Archives at both St Louis and College Park, Maryland? I would start there,

Marie

Michael Tomko Scout

The RG 338, UD-UP 12 ,  27500115 is Unrestricted, therefore it does note need a FOIA or MDR Mandatory Declassification Review. The records consist of 1 linear foot, which is a lot of records at 80 cents a page.

Is there a specific group of records within the UD-UP 12 entry as to focus the search and minimize cost?

NARA states that records can be photographed in their research rooms using your own phone or camera,

at no cost. In some cases the UD-UP 12 entry may have Folders, which can minimize the cost of ordering the

entire linear foot of records. They key is to request specific strategic documents which would provide the most

descriptive information toward the event. Please ask the Textual Records branch if the UD-UP 12 is broken down

with a list of key records and folders in this entry. You may be able to minimize the order to 50 pages out of the

1 linear foot. I am not a NARA staff member, just trying to help with your search and request.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Rebecca Collier Tracker

Dear Mr. Schneider,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the Records of U.S. Army Operational, Tactical, and Support Organizations (World War II and Thereafter) (Record Group 338) and located the Fifth Army General Orders and Mobilization and Planning Files, 1953 -1959. The records consist of Fifth Army General Orders (Nos. 1-115) for 1953 (approx. 230 pp) and mobilization planning files (approx. 40 pp). If you would like copies of these records, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

2 of 2 people found this helpful