2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2018 9:40 AM by Elliot Schneider

    How can I military service obtain information on an uncle who searved during WWII, is deceased and his parents and siblings are all deceased?


      I am researching my family history for genealogy and would like to include my uncles military service information. I have some of his uniforms and I know his service number and the date he entered the service. I would like to know when he was discharged and what awards he received but have not found that information among the papers my mother inherited from their mother. My uncle's parents and two sisters are all deceased now so I don't know if I can request a copy of his DD214 or awards or not or if there is a method I can use to obtain basic information about his service in addition to what I already have.