4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2018 3:20 PM by Michael Tomko

After enlisting in the Navy in WWII, my father was assigned in 6/22/43 to "Mobile Base For Landing Ships #152”. The name of the unit was changed to “Landing Craft Repair Unit” effective 11/1/43. In January of '44 he was transferred with the unit to R/S, E

Don Carlson Newbie

After enlisting in the Navy in WWII, my father was assigned in 6/22/43 to "Mobile Base For Landing Ships #152”. The name of the unit was changed to “Landing Craft Repair Unit” effective 11/1/43. In January of '44 he was transferred with the unit to R/S, Espiritu Santos with his Commanding Officer J.H. Heintz. By April of the same year he was back in San Francisco where he met my mother while he was on what she referred to as "Survivors Leave”. Apperantly he’d been involved in some hand-to-hand combat with the Japanese and he brought home a broken bayonet he had used. My father passed away before we ever knew what happened. FINALLY the question: Are there "After Action Reports" that can be found for that unit documenting these types of combat events?