2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2018 7:42 AM by Rebecca Collier

Where I can find records of men who attended Civilian Military Training Camps in the 1930s?

Pete Nagan Newbie

Where I can find records of men who attended Civilian Military Training Camps in the 1930s?

• Re: Where I can find records of men who attended Civilian Military Training Camps in the 1930s?
          Gretchen Shoemaker Wayfarer

Men who attended Citizens' Military Training Camps were volunteers and not employed by the government. Unless a volunteer in the CMTC later enlisted or earned a commission in the Army, records of the participants do not appear to have been kept. Records of United States Army Continental Commands, 1920-1942 (Record Group 394) is located at the National Archives in College Park and may provide some organizational information about the CMTC program. for further informaiton, Please write to:

National Archives at College Park

8601 Adelphi Road

College Park, MD 20740-6001

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Where I can find records of men who attended Civilian Military Training Camps in the 1930s?
            Rebecca Collier Navigator

Dear Mr. Nagan,

Thank you for posting your request to the History Hub!

We searched the Records of U.S. Army Continental Commands, 1920-1942 (Record Group 394) in the National Archives Catalog and located several series about various Civilian/Citizen Military Training Camps for the 1930s. Most of these contain information about the training and the camps but very little about the individuals that took the training. With that in mind, please look over the list and contact the National Archives in College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) for access and more information about these records via email at archives2reference @nara.gov.

We hope this is helpful! Best of luck with your research!

2 of 2 people found this helpful