2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2018 2:17 PM by cofova

    Student Visa Applications? 1952-3?


      Where would I find the visa application submission form for a foreign student visitor to the U.S. in the 1952-3 academic year? Would such a thing even exist? The person was a Fulbright Scholar from India, if that helps.

        • Re: Student Visa Applications? 1952-3?

          Dear Ms. Foster:


          Thank you for contacting the National Archives and Records Administration.

          NARA does not have among its holdings visa records from the 1950’s.  You may wish to contact the Department of State for assistance with your inquiry. Please consult the following link.: https://foia.state.gov/Request/Visa.aspx#Step-1


          We hope this information assists you in your research.



          Textual Reference Operations

          National Archives at College Park, MD


          RDT2 18-28337

            • Re: Student Visa Applications? 1952-3?

              Thanks very much for your response.  I figured the 1950s might be too recent for archive holdings, but was secretly hoping there might be some age-related criteria (in that the applicant would be 100 years old today).  Wishful thinking, I know, but it never hurts to ask.


              I will follow up with the State Department link you provided, which was very helpful.


              Thanks again,