1 of 1 people found this helpful
The records you have requested are located at the National Archives at College Park, MD. We will be pleased to make these records available to you or your representative in our research room at the National Archives in College Park, MD. The Archives II Reference Section (RDTR2) is located at 8601 Adelphi Road, College Park, MD, near the University of Maryland--College Park campus.
- Textual Research Room (Room 2000) hours are 8:45 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. Monday through Friday, except legal holidays.
- Our reference consultation room hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, except legal holidays. No appointment is necessary.
- Records are retrieved Monday through Friday for use in the Textual Research Room at 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m. We do not pull in advance and we cannot guarantee records will be available during your visit. Records are retrieved on a first come first serve basis. Records are generally available about an hour after the pull-time.
- Prior to your visit, please consult our web site at http://www.archives.gov/dc-metro/college-park/, http://www.archives.gov/dc-metro/self-service-copying.html, and http://www.archives.gov/research/start/getting-started.pdf.
- Personally owned scanners that do not have feeder systems and cameras (including cell phone cameras) are permitted in our research reading room. There is no cost for scans or photographs made on personally owned equipment.
A list of private researchers who are familiar with National Archives facilities is available on our web site at http://www.archives.gov/research/hire-help/index.html.
If you can provide us with the following information we will be happy to conduct a records review on your behalf. Please include:
--The name of the ship involved in the incident
--A description of the incident and the name of any individuals involved
--The date or the date range in which the incident occurred not to exceed 3 months
--Any additional information relevant to the incident that will assist in our review
Your initial correspondence satisfies the first bullet, however due to our staffing limitations we require a narrowed date range and a description of an incident in order to conduct a satisfactory archival records review.