2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2018 1:00 PM by Amanda Pritchard

Do you have Any census records on Sara Norecordes

Teresa Neff Newbie

I have reason to believe that she was my grandmothers mother, I am looking for anyone still alive and can remember when Shirley Kellog got married and how many children was brought into the union. Were any of the children adopted out and believed there were half brothers or sisters.. my name is Teresa Karen Parris Neff, my mother’s name was Grace Lillian Marsden Parris, so I am trying to gat some questions answered so I can input correct factual information in our family tree.

• Re: Do you have Any census records on Sara Norecordes
          Rebecca Collier Navigator

Dear Ms. Neff,

Thank you for contacting the History Hub!

We conducted a search of the Census Records at Ancestry.com but not able to locate a Sara Norecordes. We followed Grace Lillian Marsden and then her mother Shirley Kellogg (Marsden) in the Census Records. In the 1910 Census, Shirley is listed as being born in 1905 instead of 1903 as on her marriage certificate. Her parents are listed as Nora and Ivan Kellogg. Does any of this information match what you know about your family?? If it does, we suggest that you keep going back through the Census Records for more information and forward as well.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • Re: Do you have Any census records on Sara Norecordes
            Amanda Pritchard Adventurer

Dear. Ms. Neff,

According to FamilySearch, Shirley Vern Kellogg married John Chandler Marsden on 11 Jun 1924 in Vermont. A digitized copy of the marriage record is available for download. Unfortunately, it does not provide any information about her parents.

Following up with what Rebecca found, Ivan Ulysses Kellogg married on 2 Feb 1898 in Nora Lapoint in Pittsford, VT. Ivan Willis Kellogg was born on 27 Jan 1865 in Rutland Township, Vermont to Lyman S Kellogg and Julia H. Elnora Lapoint was born on 4 Jan 1872 in Castleton, Vermont to William Lapoint and Mary Tucker.

All of this is available for free on FamilySearch. I hope this helps!

Amanda

1 of 1 people found this helpful