3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2017 12:52 PM by babs6591

I am looking for information on the "Marriage" of my paternal grandparents, Sarolta Katinka Von Szendeffy (born 1911 in Budapest, Hungary) and Slayden "Jack" Hellar (born 1903 in Wichita, Kansas).

Leslie Hiller Newbie

Hello,

I am looking for information on the "Marriage" of my paternal grandparents, Sarolta Katinka Von Szendeffy (born 1911 in Budapest, Hungary) and Slayden "Jack" Hellar (born 1903 in Wichita, Kansas). Jack, from what I have been able to gather, is the father of my father, who was estranged from my father, John Whitcomb Hellar Hiller, during my father's life. I have found a mention of their divorce in the 1936 Los Angeles Times. 

Finding evidence of their marriage is problematic:

1. Katinka took the name of my father's father to the grave;
      2. The only mention of the marriage is in the family Bible - 23 Apr 1934, Mexico City.
      3. Have not found anything on a trip to Mexico at that time by either of them;
      4. Found another woman Jack married a decade earlier and left her with a child, that child never knew about him or saw him. It was her granddaughter who contacted my father.
      5. My father will be 83 in February 2018 - longevity does run in the family but I know time is running out.

Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated. I hope I can find more information on Jack and maybe some pictures.  I have only 1 picture of him in a car from the 30's and the area looks like Southern California, which I received from my father's half brother's granddaughter.

Just being pointed in the right direction, so, I can break through this wall, would be awesome.

Leslie Hiller

eilselinla@gmail.com