1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 7, 2017 10:16 AM by Rachael Salyer

Silver Star Citation

Mark Harvey Newbie

Hello,

I have been trying for some time to locate the citation related to the Silver Star awarded to my uncle in WWII.  A friend gave me your email address and I hope you can help.  Below is the information I have which I hope will lead you to his Silver Star citation.

Harold M. Linesman

36 177 386

Company H

12th Infantry Regiment

4th Infantry Division

Killed in Action 4 February 1945

Vicinity of Bleialf - Winterscheid, Germany

Silver Star Information:

Authority:  GO 20, Hq 4th Inf Div, 22 Feb 46, Pfc, Inf

Reference:

AGRS-DA 201 Linesman, Harlold M.

(10 Oct 46) 36 177 386

Thanks so much for you help.  The citation would mean so much to our family to help remember and honor my uncle who bravely gave his life for our country.

Mark Harvey

• Re: Silver Star Citation
          Rachael Salyer Scout

Dear Mr. Harvey,

Thank you for sharing your question with the History Hub.

We were able to locate General Order #20 (GO 20), which recommends that your uncle be awarded the Silver Star, in the 1946 General Orders file for the 4th Infantry Division (file 304-1.13). The file is part of the series World War II Operations Reports, 1940-1948 in National Archives Record Group 407: Records of the Adjutant General’s Office, and GO 20 can be found in container 5673. These records are in the custody of the Textual Reference Branch at the National Archives in College Park, MD (Archives II). You can contact them directly at archives2reference@nara.gov to request a copy of the document.

Thank you, again, for posting your question to the History Hub.

2 of 2 people found this helpful