1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 13, 2017 10:51 AM by Research Services at the National Archives

I am interested in obtaining a copy of a moving image in the NARA holdings

Robert Egloff Newbie

The holding says it has a reproduction made on 1/2 " video cassette. I am curious if this is something a duplicate or copy could be made of and if anyone has experience with this and might have an idea of what the cost would be ?

Here is the info regarding the holding :   National Archives Identifier: 72041     Local Identifier: 342-USAF-49434   ARC Identifier: 72041    NAIL Control Number: NWDNM(m)-342-USAF-49434

• Re: I am interested in obtaining a copy of a moving image in the NARA holdings
          Research Services at the National Archives Scout

Mr. Egloff,

Thanks for contacting History Hub! The National Archives’ Motion Picture Branch has multiple copies of the item you are referencing. There is a DVD reference copy that is available for viewing in the Motion Picture Research Room at NARA’s College Park, Maryland, facility. It is also possible that a digital copy exists on the public access computers in the research room as well. In the research room, you can download DVD copies onto your own flash drive or set up your own camera to tape the footage as you view it. If you cannot visit the facility yourself, you can also hire a professional researcher who has experience with this research room. A listing of local researchers can be found at this link.

As far as purchasing copies of the material, high resolution digital reproductions are handled by a contracted vendor service. The first step would be to complete an Item Approval Request List and submit this form to the Motion Picture staff. They will then log, review, and approve your order to be taken to the vendor of your choice. You should note the local identifier number of the item you want (in this case 342-USAF-49434). Prices are set by the vendor service. You can contact the Motion Picture Research Room at mopix@nara.gov for more information on ordering items.

Again, thank you for contacting History Hub!

Compiled by Christopher Burroughs

2 of 2 people found this helpful