1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 24, 2017 2:59 PM by Research Services at the National Archives

Air Force "Old" specialty codes

Lynnette Szczeoura Newbie

I am searching for old Air force Specialty codes from 1967-1986. I also need to find where Flight orders, manifests, pay records, Unit histories for Air Force squadrons in England USAFE. Upper Heyford , England

• Re: Air Force "Old" specialty codes
          Research Services at the National Archives Scout

Dear Ms. Szczeoura,

Thank you for sharing your questions with the History Hub.

Many of the types of records you are searching for are either temporary records or they are still in the custody of the Air Force, not the National Archives. We were able to locate one series among our records, though, which may be useful to you: Records Relating to Personnel Matters, 1970-1970 from Record Group 342: Records of U.S. Air Force Commands, Activities, and Organizations, 1900-2003. As noted in the National Archives Catalog entry, “this series consists of correspondence and assorted orders documenting various personnel-related matters, including specialty code conversions, personnel appointments, and extensions of active duty” (emphasis ours). You can contact the Textual Reference Branch at the National Archives in College Park, MD (Archives II) at archives2reference@nara.gov with questions about these records.

Unit histories and supporting documents of Army Air Force and Air Force units are in the custody of the Air Force Historical Research Agency, 600 Chennault Circle, Building 1405, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL 36112-6424. These files often include historical reports. You should call (334) 953-2395 or write to that office for further information concerning these records. The web site is http://www.afhra.af.mil/.

You may also wish to contact the Air Force Records Manager for further assistance. The address is Air Force Records Manager, Department of the Air Force, SAF/A6PPA (C&I Policy Branch), 1800 Air Force Pentagon, Washington, DC 20330.

Thank you, again, for posting your question to the History Hub, and best of luck with your ongoing search.

2 of 2 people found this helpful