1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 22, 2017 6:50 AM by Research Services at the National Archives

    certificate of non military


      I was advised to get a certificate from the DOD website to prove an individual being non military. I checked out the site and am unable to locate what I'm in need of. Where else may I find this?

        • Re: certificate of non military
          Research Services at the National Archives Tracker

          Dear Ms. Tremblay,


          Thank you for posting to History Hub! If you are looking for proof of past civilian, non-military, employment with the Department of Defense you may contact the National Personnel Records Center, Civilian Personnel Records.


          Non-archival civilian personnel records are still in the legal custody of the agency which created them and access is granted in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act of 1974 (P.L. 93-579).  In order to gain access to the information contained within this record, please mail a dated and signed written request (along with proof of death, if applicable) to the following address:


          National Personnel Records Center

          1411 Boulder Boulevard

          Valmeyer, IL  62295


          If you are looking for proof of civil service prior to 1952 you may contact the National Archives at St. Louis. Please send an email with the subject’s name, date of birth, employing agency, and period of service to stl.archives@nara.gov to request the record.

          1 person found this helpful