3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2017 6:17 AM by Michael Tomko

Is there a way i can find out the total active duty time i served in Texas and Arizona

Jose Aleman Wayfarer

I served in the National Guard started in Texas in 1989 and finished in 1995 in Arizona. I have my military paperwork but there is no form on there that shows my total active-duty time I served. Is there a way I can get that form ASAP because my family and I are homeless and trying to get some assistance for a charity. There is a form that shows that I served two months active duty. And I served nearly a year in Arizona for the joint Counter Narcotics task force. so I don't have anything to give me the correct active-duty time. I have contacted Arizona and several other places trying to get these

• Re: Is there a way i can find out the total active duty time i served in Texas and Arizona
          Rachael Salyer Adventurer

Dear Mr. Aleman,

Thank you for sharing your question with the History Hub.

The National Archives and National Personnel Records Center do not have custody of personnel or medical records for current or former members of the National Guard. For access to personnel records of non-active duty National Guard enlisted personnel and officers in the Army, please contact the Adjutant General of the appropriate state using the addresses listed on the National Guard Association web site at http://www.ngaus.org/state-national-guard-information.

Thank you, again, for posting your question, and best of luck.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • Re: Is there a way i can find out the total active duty time i served in Texas and Arizona
            Michael Tomko Adventurer

Dear Sir,

If you were on active duty or federalized into the US Army, you should be able to Call the Army Human Resources Command. They should be able to total any active duty or Army Reserve years toward a potential retirement eligibility statement.  Even though you may not have had 20 years, it will list the qualifying periods and points. Remember, Army Correspondence Courses count as Points. If they were processed correctly back then. Your periods of Basic Training and AIT, should qualify as Amy active duty.  They now issue a DD214 for completing the entry training and a DD214 should be issue for every 90 days of active duty or special work.

Michael Tomko Adventurer

Also, if you were issued a DD214 for periods of Active Duty, such as Army Basic Training and AIT, it may be possible to obtain a DD215 Correction to DD214, as to include any active or federalized service for special work. If the Task Force was  under National Guard Command or another Federal Agency, any orders or assignment letters could be submitted to the Army Human Resources Command as to verify the status of federal service and any possible awards under the active or reserve army system. The National Guard NGB 22 Report of Separation can also be corrected with a

NGB 22A, whereby all periods of state service and awards can be properly displayed and updated.