4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2017 8:50 PM by lynette polchan

The seal on the document to show it is authentic

lynette polchan

I recently received papers from NPRC that I requested and on the cover letter it states that they have placed a seal on the document to show it is authentic.  However, I do not see the seal and not sure on what document it would be on. 

• Re: The seal on the document to show it is authentic
          SCOTT LEVINS

It should be a raised seal and it should appear on the lower right hand side of the Report of Separation (DD Form 214 or equivalent).  You might have to rub your fingers on the document to feel it.  If it is not there, please reply with your service request number and we'll have the documents resent.  Thanks!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              lynette polchan

I was so surprised when I received an email in reference to my question I asked on line.  I didn't think I would get a personal email back.  That was awesome and so quick too.  Thank you for your speedy reply back, I appreciate that.  I do not feel or see any type of stamp so If you could resend it with the seal on it I would greatly appreciate it.  My recent request number that was sent to me without the seal/stamp was on April 19, 2017 and that number is:  2-20564636585

I need it official so that I can show it to the DMV when I renew my drivers license.  If you need any further information please call or email me back, and thank you again:)

Sincerely,

Lynette Polchan

Research Services at the National Archives

Dear Ms. Polchan,

Thank you for contacting the History Hub with your question.

The seal is typically an impression, not an ink stamp. If you did not specify a particular document to have a seal on it, then the seal can most likely be found on the DD214. You might try running your hands over the document to see if you can locate the seal by touch.

If you have reviewed the front and back of the documents you received from the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) and do not see or feel a seal, then we recommend that you contact the NPRC directly for further information and assistance. You can email them at mpr.center@nara.gov or mpr.assistance@nara.gov, or you can call them at 314-801-0800.

Thank you, again, for sharing you question.

1 of 1 people found this helpful