1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 20, 2017 11:26 AM by Legislative Archives

Where can I find records of telephone calls made by people to Congress?

Michael Lipsitz

I'm looking for historical records of telephone calls made to Congress, especially if they indicate the issue that person is calling about, where they're calling from, who they called, and the exact date. Thanks!

• Re: Where can I find records of telephone calls made by people to Congress?
          Legislative Archives

Hi Michael Lipsitz.

The Center for Legislative Archives does not hold the private/personal papers of senators and representatives. These records are held at congressional repositories around the United States. We hold records of U.S. House of Representatives committees and administrative office, records of U.S. Senate committees and administrative/support offices; records of Joint Committees of the U.S. Congress; congressional hearings; records of Legislative Branch Commissions, such as the 9/11 Commissions; records of Legislative Branch Organization; publications of U.S. Government; and a handful of special collections.

The records of House and Senate committees often contain administrative and correspondence files, but in our experience records of telephone inquiries tend to be of a constituent nature and generally found in personal papers collections.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you!

3 of 3 people found this helpful