4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2017 4:42 PM by Thomas Richardson

Good Afternoon fm the UK...

I am researching the story of US Forces in Cornwall prior to D-Day 1944. I am - in particular - looking for good Signal Corps photos or pics from Navy Sources. Try as I might, I can not find any digital listings of photos held by the National Archives or the equivalent on-line...can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Ref US navy pics, I am really after anything that covers the ports/harbours of Falmouth, St. Mawes, Fowey and Plymouth. There must have been 100s if not 1,000s of pics taken at the time so where are they all now ?

Many thanks in anticipation

Roddy de Normann

Little Beside

Cornwall

• Re: Good Afternoon fm the UK...
          Thomas Richardson Tracker

Good afternoon Mr. Normann,

Thank you for using the History Hub! We've received your inquiry and we will begin looking for records pertaining to your request.  We'll provide updates on what we come across and if you require additional help, you can also email the staff at the Still Pictures Unit at their address: stillpix@nara.gov. They can provide you with more information regarding NARA's pictorial holdings.

Good luck with your research and thank you again for using the History Hub!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Good Afternoon fm the UK...
            Megan Dwyre Adventurer

Photographs of various U.S. Army, Navy, and Marine Corps activities dating from 1940 to 1981 are in the custody of NARA's Still Picture Branch (RDSS), Room 5360, The National Archives at College Park, 8601 Adelphi Road, College Park, MD  20740-6001. At this time, there is no comprehensive listing of their holdings on our website or catalog. We suggest you contact them directly regarding what types of photographs you are seeking. They will assign your request to a staff member who will search their holdings and let you know what is available. As Thomas noted, the email address is stillpix@nara.gov.

4 of 4 people found this helpful