1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 21, 2017 9:51 AM by Alex Champion

Hi! I am looking for a copy of the Philippine Herald Year Book 1933. Any suggestions where can I find it?

dia930

I would like to inquire if it's possible for me to get hold of  the Philippine Herald Year Book September 1933 Issue.

• Re: Hi! I am looking for a copy of the Philippine Herald Year Book 1933. Any suggestions where can I find it?
          Alex Champion

Hello Claudia,

I searched OCLC and found several libraries (in The Philippines, China, Singapore, Japan, and Australia being the closest to you) that have microfilm or CD copies of the microfilm scans. It's unclear if this includes your September 1933 time period. Most if not all the microfilms seem to be copies of one made in the US.

My suggestion is that you go to worldcat.org and search "The Philippine Yearbook." The libraries closest to you that have the microfilm should be listed first. Then use their online catalog, call, e-mail, or visit them to view it.

If that doesn't work out, Stanford University (Palo Alto, California, USA) appears to have a second edition of volume 1, which seems to be the volume you're looking for. I found it with this link here: The Philippine yearbook in SearchWorks

Unfortunately you may have to visit Stanford to actually see the book, which is stored off site so you couldn't just walk into a library and grab it. I also do not know if Stanford would let non students request the yearbook. You may need to go through a large library on your side of the world to get scans or Stanford's permission to view the yearbook. It all depends on Stanford's policies and if they have an agreement with the library you use.