1 Reply Latest reply on May 9, 2022 10:21 AM by Lisha Penn

    Seeking my OPF with US Postal Service

    Joseph Roth Jr Newbie

      How can I find my past employment with the United States Postal Service?

        • Re: Seeking my OPF with US Postal Service
          Lisha Penn Ranger

          Dear Mr. Roth,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of your Official Personnel File (OPF). OPFs and medical information for individuals who worked for the U.S. government in a civilian capacity since 1952 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center Annex. Written requests may be mailed or faxed to National Personnel Records Center Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295. The fax number is 618-935-3014. Please include the full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of the employing Federal agency, and beginning and ending dates of Federal service.For more information, please check the Official Personnel Folders (OPF),Federal (non-archival) Holdings and Access website.


          If you are currently a Federal employee, your previous employment information will be included  in your eOPF. Please contact your servicing Human Resources (HR) office or personnel department within the federal agency or organization you work for. These offices will provide you with information on how to access and use eOPF. If you are unable to access your eOPF, contact the eOPF Help Desk by phone at 1-866-275-8518 or email eopfhelpdesk@opm.gov


          We hope this is helpful.