4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2019 7:16 PM by TONI MOORE

FAMILY MEMBER TEACHER

TONI MOORE Wayfarer

i AM LOOKING FOR THE OLD RECORDS OF A FAMILY MEMBER WHO WAS A TEACHER.

LIKE MAYBE A DOCUMENT STATING WHAT SCHOOL SHE TAUGHT AT?

HER NAME WAS MINNIE  (WORDEN) 1st marriage DAY 2nd marriage CURTIS

SHE IS FROM CHELMSFORD, MA

• Re: FAMILY MEMBER TEACHER
          Rebecca Collier Pioneer

Ms. Moore-- Thank you for contacting the History Hub. The information you seek would not be held at the National Archives. It might be held by local entities such as the Chelmsford Historical Society (http://www.chelmhist.org/index.htm) or the Massachusetts State Archives (http://www.sec.state.ma.us/arc/arcidx.htm). Good luck with your research and please let us know what you find. --Becky Collier

• Re: FAMILY MEMBER TEACHER
              TONI MOORE Wayfarer

Ms Rebecca Collier,

I do not remember if I contacted you.

I did find the information regarding Minnie Alvina Worden.  I actually was able to purchase a book from 1896 a type of yearbook if you will from Somerville, MA that has several Schools in the surrounding areas as well as the school Minnie taught at. She taught at Forster School. The book has pictures and the home address of staff. Then of the students it has the grades, names and address.Therefore I was able to find a picture of my 2nd Great Aunt Minne May Worden from theFamily Search Me to MinnieMinnie A WordenCover of book

I dont know how to load all of the information from the book. the is a lot of data.

I am now trying to locate a picture of my Grandmother who also was a teacher at a public school. She lived in Chelmsford,MA listed on the 1920 Census age 21 as Pauline Worden as a teacher I know she married in Aug of 1920 and became Pauline Lapham. however I am having no luck in finding her.

any help would be great..

Toni Moore