1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 7, 2022 3:20 PM by National Archives Catalog Branched from an earlier discussion.

Transcription error messages with 1950 Census

Paula Franklin Newbie

I am getting a transcription error that says "Please try again. You have used a word or phrase that isn't allowed."  All I have on there is the last name, first name, middle initial. Oh and this came up after I hit the submit button.  I have gone all the way out of the transcribing tool and back in and it still gives me this error.  It is on Sevier County, Tennessee, ED78-14, page 10, 1st name then tried 2nd name and it did the same thing.  These are my cousins so I know I put them in correctly.  James A. Autrey is line 1.

• Re: Transcription error messages with 1950 Census
          National Archives Catalog Tracker

Dear Paula,

Thank you for your work transcribing the 1950 Census. We are sorry you experienced this error, and we have reported it to our developers to investigate. It is possible that it was a temporary glitch within the system when you submitted this transcription. Would you mind trying to transcribe this same name again to see if you are still experiencing the issue? If you notice this issue again, it may help to refresh or reload the page before attempting to submit the transcription again. Thank you for your patience.

1 person found this helpful