1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 5, 2022 2:02 PM by Legislative Archives

Would like any congressional records of Emanuel J. Spirk from Wilbur, Nebraska

Julie Folkerts Newbie

Emanuel J. Spirk was my great-grandfather.

Thank you,

Julie Spirk Folkerts

• Re: Would like any congressional records of Emanuel J. Spirk from Wilbur, Nebraska
          Legislative Archives Tracker

Hi Julie -- thanks for posting to History Hub!

I searched both ProQuest Congressional and the Congressional Record and I couldn't find any references to an Emanuel J. Spirk. Do you have more information on how he interested with Congress?

ProQuest Congressional is a subscription database with the full text of the Serial Set -- which includes both published reports from congressional committees and documents ordered printed by the House or the Senate.

The Congressional Record is the official record of proceedings and debates on the floor of the House and the Senate. It's freely available via GovInfo, although I prefer to search it via HeinOnline, another subscription database.

These are the best access points for searching for an individual in legislative records. If you have more detail -- for example, you know Spirk testified before a committee or was involved in private legislation etc. -- let me know and I'm happy to keep digging.

Cheers!

Sarah

1 person found this helpful