2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2022 7:56 AM by Elliot Schneider

    Seeking military records of Juaquin Rodriquez

    Katherine Knapp Newbie

      My dad has no idea what happened to his father who was in the Army during WWII.   His name was Juaquin Rodriquez, lived in Vieques, Puerto Rico.   Any information you can provide would be much appreciated.   As an ex Air Force Veteran, I would like to pay my respects to my grandfather.

        • Re: Seeking military records of Juaquin Rodriquez
          Lisha Penn Ranger

          Dear Ms. Knapp,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after October 1912 and before 1960 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. If there is any information requested by the form that you do not know, you may omit it or provide estimates (such as for dates), but the more information you provide, the easier it will be to locate the correct file if it survived the fire. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          If he died while he was serving in the Army, the information you seek may be contained in his Individual Deceased Personnel File (IDPF). For the IDPFs from 1940-1976 of personnel with surnames that begin with M-Z, please write to U.S. Army Human Resources Command, Casualty & Memorial Affairs Operations Division, ATTN: AHRC-PDC, 1600 Spearhead Division Avenue, Department 450, Fort Knox, KY 40122-5405. They are being scanned by the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency in order to properly identify remains of those still listed as missing.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!


          • Re: Seeking military records of Juaquin Rodriquez
            Elliot Schneider Guide



            Do you have any additional information pertaining to your dads father. Information such as DOB, place of birth would be very helpful.