1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 31, 2022 9:02 AM by Rachael Salyer

    Seeking Air Force General Courts Martial Records

    Alejandro Grisales Newbie

      How can I find a record of trial of an Air Force General Court Martial for 2013? Is FOIA the only way?

        • Re: Seeking Air Force General Courts Martial Records
          Rachael Salyer Ranger

          Dear Mr. Grisales,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The Air Force has custody of closed courts-martial trials after 1976, but a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request is necessary to retrieve them. This can be a lengthy and expensive process, plus part of the record may be redacted before it is given to you. Reference both FOIA and the Privacy Act in your request, to ensure that you get the most complete copy possible. You also may request a waiver of the fees. Please contact the Air Force Legal Operations Agency (AFLOSA/JAJM), 1500 West Perimeter Road, Suite 1130, Joint Base Andrews, MD 20762 or submit your request online. Please check the Air Force FOIA Handbook for more information prior to submitting FOIA requests.


          We hope this is helpful.