3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2022 1:56 PM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking status of request for father’s military records

    Alexandra Duncan Newbie

      I submitted a request to obtain my father’s DD-214 as well as all military service and health records. These are mandatory to have a memorial/burial service done. My request was submitted 6 weeks ago and whenever I check my status it still shows “Received”.

        • Re: Seeking status of request for father’s military records
          Jason Atkinson Guide

          Dear Ms. Duncan,

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          If your burial request involves interment at a Department of Veterans Affairs National Cemetery, please contact the National Cemetery Scheduling Office at 800-535-1117 or visit the National Cemetery Administration website. They will contact the National Personnel Record Center (NPRC), and NPRC will work directly with the Veterans Affairs staff to obtain records to verify service for burial benefits. If the veteran will not be interred at a National Cemetery, fax the SF-180 (including signature of the next of kin and proof of death) to the Customer Service Team at 314-801-0764. See Emergency Requests for more information.


          You also may telephone the NPRC Customer Service Line (this is a long-distance call for most customers) at 314-801-0800 for assistance and for further information about the status of submitted requests.

          We hope this is helpful.