1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 11, 2022 11:39 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking records of 2LT William Clifford Madsen Davies

    Mark Beadle Newbie

      I am looking for any further information I can obtain regarding my grandfather to pass onto my mother who sadly lost him aged 13. I have the following information regarding his service and would appreciate any help. He was a 2nd Lieutenant in Welsh Borderers, number 14922537 and his name was  William Clifford Madsen Davies. Kind regards.

        • Re: Seeking records of 2LT William Clifford Madsen Davies
          Jason Atkinson Guide

          Dear Mr. Beadle,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The United Kingdom’s Army Personnel Centre (APC) Historical Disclosures Section holds army service records for officers whose service ended after April 1922 and soldiers whose service ended after January 1921. Subject to the payment of an administration fee and provision of a copy of a death certificate (except where death was in service), certain information can be provided from the records of service of deceased service personnel on request under the Ministry of Defence publication scheme. APC can supply information to the next of kin of deceased former soldiers and officers, and more limited information to other enquirers if fewer than 25 years have passed since the death of the subject. Within the 25 year period, where the consent of the immediate next of kin has been given, some information will be released to a third party applicant.


          Please contact the General Register Office to inquire about birth, adoption, marriage, civil partnership and death certificates for England and Wales.


          The National Army Museum of the United Kingdom has a page which provides a brief history of the South Wales Borderers. Also, the Royal Welsh Museum is the regimental museum to the successor regiment of the South Wales Borderers.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!